Legado das Águas has an Atlantic Forest Biodiversity Center, a place that combines the expertise of scientific research carried out in the territory with the intelligent production of native species of the Atlantic flora for sale, with a focus on landscaping and reforestation of degraded areas.
The initiative, unprecedented in Brazil, also works with endangered species, innovating with the digital traceability of the entire production chain, from the matrix in the forest, to the final product.
The Biodiversity Center has the capacity to produce 200,000 seedlings per year, of up to 140 different native species, both for landscaping and reforestation.
– Seedlings with a high standard of quality and aesthetics for landscaping;
– Species that have an advantage over exotic plants due to ease of maintenance, integration with the planting site, better development and relevant environmental benefits.
– Contribution to the conservation of our natural resources, as it encourages the responsible production of native plants and takes them back to large urban centers.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND VEGETABLE PRODUCTION
Scientific research is essential to ensure the quality of production and is essential on two fronts:
– the first is to indicate which species are most in need of conservation, that is, those that are rare or threatened with extinction.
– the second is teaching how we are going to produce them. From this work, we identified species with ornamental, economic and conservation potential, combining the protection of biodiversity with urban landscaping and ecosystem services promoted by plants, such as bird attraction, urban pest control, thermal comfort, soil drainage, among other benefits.
INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY
All production from the Biodiversity Center has a Legado das Águas differential: traceability.
The plants receive a QR Code and, with a cell phone in hand, it is possible to know all the stages of the production chain, including its origin in the forest, which guarantees the standard of quality and origin.
In addition, this process guarantees responsible production, proving that the collection of seeds is legal, as required by the law.
See the traceability step-by-step:
The Legado das Águas Biodiversity Center is included in several ecotourism activities in the Reserve and can be visited by tourists – with opening depending on the determinations of the São Paulo Plan for the prevention of COVID-19.
Learn more in our store!
BUY OUR PLANS!
© 2023 – Legado das Águas • All rights reserved